Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Beginning weeks

Beginning Weeks

We were overjoyed with the news of our milagro.  At first your dad and I both wanted you to be a boy.  I wanted a boy because I had your two brothers and thought I knew more about how to care for boys. As the pregnancy processed we started thinking you might be a girl.  The reason for this was that the pregnancy was so different from your brothers.  In the beginning, everything I ate made me feel nauseous.  I never even really felt like eating.

Your father and I decided to look online it she ways to tell whether we were going to have a boy or a girl.  Everything we read pointed to you being a girl, even the chinese gender chart.  Your father and I began to get used to the idea and even worked on naming you.  We wanted to pick a family name so if you are a boy you will be named Moises Ruben.  Girls names were much harder! We didn't like any names that were in the family so we started to look at list of names online. Somehow we came across the name Esmeralda.  I liked it because it represented Colombia, where my parents are from.  Your father wanted to use my middle name, Lucia, as your first name to call you Lucia Esmeralda, but I like it better Esmeralda Lucia Orozco (so this will be your name if you are a girl! This Friday, December 14th, 2012 will be our 19 week ultrasound to find out whether you are a boy or a girl ( I hope you cooperate).

So we figured out your name before telling your brothers.  Even before I hit the 12 week mark, your brothers knew something was up! Your your brother Poncho would rub my belly and say "mamá te estas poniendo gorda, a lo mejor tienes un bébé!" Your older brother Pepito always thought your dad and I would have a baby since we got married, so he would always say "they got married, now they are going to have a baby" even before I was pregnant. When we finally told them around week 12, they weren't at all surprised and received the news happily! We asked them whether they wanted you to be a girl or a boy and they both said girl.  Pepito said because we already had boys, but Poncho said "quiero que sea niña para que yo todavia sea el niño bébé!"  When we told the boys the names, Pepito found on one of his rock identifier sheets that Esmeralda was the May stone, which showed us we should definately use that name.  So now that we are at the end of week 18, we all talk to my belly and call you Esmeralda or Esme for short!

No comments:

Post a Comment